Red Bull Racing CEO Christian Horner Cleared of Allegations

christian horner jeddah circuit

Red Bull GmbH has concluded its internal inquiry into Christian Horner, Team Principal and CEO of Red Bull Racing.

The parent company of Red Bull Racing has absolved Christian Horner, the Team Principal and CEO, of any wrongdoing following an internal investigation into allegations of inappropriate conduct. The investigation was initiated in early February after a female staff member lodged a complaint against Horner.

Despite the allegations, Horner vehemently denied any wrongdoing and underwent a thorough interrogation by an external expert barrister. Subsequently, a detailed report was compiled and submitted to Red Bull GmbH for review.

Key stakeholders involved in the review process included Oliver Mintzlaff, the head of the sports division, Mark Mateschitz, the son of the late founder Dietrich Mateschitz, and Chalerm Yoovidhya, the Thai head of Red Bull.

In the ownership structure, Yoovidhya possesses 51% of Red Bull shares, while Mateschitz holds the remaining 49%. The case garnered significant attention, with pressure mounting on Red Bull from various quarters, including the FIA, F1, fellow Team Principals, and even prospective engine partner Ford, to swiftly resolve the matter.

A declaration issued by Red Bull GmbH stated: “The independent investigation into the allegations made against Mr Horner is complete, and Red Bull can confirm that the grievance has been dismissed.

“The complainant has a right of appeal. Red Bull is confident that the investigation has been fair, rigorous and impartial.

“The investigation report is confidential and contains the private information of the parties and third parties who assisted in the investigation, and therefore we will not be commenting further out of respect for all concerned.

“Red Bull will continue striving to meet the highest workplace standards.”

Horner’s continuation with Red Bull Racing has not been officially confirmed; however, there is anticipation that he will retain his role as Team Principal.